Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wall Art from Parties Past!

I was over at mum and dads the other weekend and mum bought out a box of goodies for me to sift through. This box held all the cards she had kept from when we were babies and some from when she turned 21 and then from her engagement! What a treat! Thanks mum for holding onto all these treasures; which have become a delightful source of inspiration and decoration for me.
This lovely little Spanish Dancer card is just divine, complete with embroidered top and tiered lace skirt!
Mum's first mother's day card from me! Into my Cocoon Couture ideas book it goes! I am planning to frame these cards to put in the bed room, a nice collection for me full of love and memories.
This 21'st card is my favorite! It is printed on a beautiful stock and designed by Marion Foster for the Gordon Fraser Gallery, UK. This publishing company was around in the 30's through to the 80's and produced some beautiful keep sake gift cards all designed by artists of the time.
The big eyed girl, this one designed by 'June' again for the Gordon Fraser Gallery and the Balcony scene below by 'Gaillot'.


These two Sweet Hearts are just divine and I love the the two little love birds in each scene! They remind me of our Cocoon Couture Early Birds! Designed by Franciose Bardiaux for Gordon Fraser Gallery. I found another collector on line which you might like to check out!

If you are feeling crafty and want to find something for your children's bedroom walls; the Cocoon Couture Wall Art is a lovely addition to any eclectic collection! The boys and their friend Liela have been busy making their pieces up for their room and love the sense of achievment when the pieces are finished and hung on the wall.

Cocoon Couture wall art RRP $49.95

No comments:

Post a Comment